Re: [WriteLog] K3 .. oops

To: "'Robert .'" <woodr90@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] K3 .. oops
From: <tomgeorgens15@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 08:37:16 -0800
Robert – There are two steps.  One is converting the DTR/RTS signal to the
correct levels for the ACC Power On signal, the traditional resistor and NPN
transistor that has been used for serial port keying for decades should work.
People may have one of these in a junk box.   The K3YY board will do that, but
you will still need to extract the DTR/RTS signal from the serial cable, and
then get the output to the ACC port.  Then, you need a way to toggle the DTR or
RTS signals.  It can be done using the Writelog OLE function.  Another way is
to send at least on CW dit over the serial port.

N6TV says that his S-Box can perform this function if you can find a way to
toggle RTS or DTR.   I do not know the specifics of the S-Box, but Bob offers
great customer service

Tom