Re: [WriteLog] 12.46D Upgrade Will Not Install

To: "writelog@contesting.com" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] 12.46D Upgrade Will Not Install
From: nosatisfaction <nosatisfaction@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 02:40:55 +0000 (UTC)
This is a re-post of my previous report same Subject hopefully with the
formatting fixed:
On January 9, I installed the 1246D update.  At the time, my computer was
running Win 7 Pro.  Yesterday I updated the computer to Win 10 Pro 1909.

After the Win 10 install, the first I did was to see if WriteLog still worked.
It did, but the bandmap was blank.  Today I uninstalled WriteLog, reinstalled
my
latest full version, 12.09F, and proceeded to reinstall wl1246Dmsiupg.exe.  It
fails with the message:

The file 'Arrl222andUp.dll' cannot be installed because the file cannot be
found
in cabinet file 'Wl12Full.cab'.

So now I am stuck back at Ver. 12.09F but at least I've got the bandmap.

Seems very peculiar that the 12.46 update ran fine a week ago on Win 7.  I will
add that I had to place a copy of the cabinet file in the same folder as the
12.46D upgrade executables to get as far as missing the dll.  Prior to that,
the
routine said it could not find the cabinet.

Ned, K1GU at ARRL dot net
Added note:  I don't think Arrl222andUp.dll was ever present as the contest
does not
appear in the list when selecting "New Log" starting WriteLog.