CW Keying via computer & keyer

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: CW Keying via computer & keyer
From: scotty@iquest.com (Scotty Neustadter)
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 19:34:00 -0500
Trying to figure out a way to use the internal keyer in the FT1000MP while
also having the ability to key the rig via the parallel port on my computer.
The parallel
port works FB with the internal keyer off. With the internal keyer on keying
via the
parallel port results in garbage out.  In the past I have used an external
keyer to work around this problem, but given the capabilities of the
internal keyer in the FT1000MP and the "one less box" idea I was hoping to
eliminate the external keyer.

Any smart guys out there figured this one out?   Maybe internal keyer only
active on one of the two keyer ports on the rig?

Different Subject

The FT 990 and FT1000MP wiring for RTTY and PKT are identical, agree with
the recent post that suggested that you run your pk232 in the PKT (Really
AFSK) mode.  Yaesue could have done us all a service if they had labeled
these buttons FSK & AFSK instead of RTTY and PKT.  Messing up the PKT wiring
in the owner's manual didn't help either.

73
Scotty Neustadter, N4PYD                  Internet: scotty@iquest.com
Huntsville Hamfest Chairman
Question Pool Committee, NCVEC