ft-900 pwr out UPDATE

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: ft-900 pwr out UPDATE
From: njc@warwick.net (Nick J Chiarchiaro, AET / N2QXF)
Date: Sun, 26 May 1996 21:41:12 +0000
Hi all,

Well after much tinkering and looking into the schematic I have not found
 how to adjust the minimum pwr setting int he ft-900.
I found you can increase the AM power though with no trouble as
confirmed by a tech, to abt 50watts.

Also the tech states that the minimum pwr setting is a standard
2-3watts.  There is no way to adjust this.  You can vary the max
power setting from 100-50 via a pot or low nad behold a switch, but
alas no minimum pwr adjust.

Being his English wasn't that good (who's is <g>) I did not delve
into details but I think he said something abt feeding the tuner.
Then he lapsed into some diatribe that frankly I didn't understand a
word.

So thought I would let everyone know what I have found.

73
Nick