FT1000MP Comp Interface

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: FT1000MP Comp Interface
From: dave@diecast.demon.co.uk (Dave Norton)
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 02:00:35 +0100
In article <199605282329.TAA12860@paris.akorn.net>, "Bill Fisher, KM9P"
<km9p@contesting.com> writes

>Does no one in Japan own a computer or what?  Why would you make the DB-9 on
>the back of the FT1000MP a male connector?  I'm in the computer business and
>I don't have a male to male serial cable in my entire inventory at work or
>at home.  Now I get to go buy some kind of clunky gender changer.

I suppose it is a bit odd, I was terrified of putting one of those
chunky gender changers on the back of mine, but then realised that I had
2 or 3 leads that used to come with a new mouse, 9 pin female to 25
male. This makes me feel better, as it cuts down the size that sticks
out at the back and that hits the wall every time I Push the rig back on
the table.

>I'de like to be a beta tester for the FT2000MP Chip!
>
>73
>
>Bill, KM9P

Me too
>| Contesting Online... The ultimate           |
>| source of ham radio contest information     |
>| http://www.contesting.com                   |

Cheers

Dave
 Dave Norton - G0UHI