FT-1000MP Headphone Audio

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: FT-1000MP Headphone Audio
From: kb2ny@po.fast.net (Jack Trampler)
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 1996 09:43:32 -0400
I just got my 'MP a few days ago and noticed the same lack of headphone
audio.  Also had to run the AF Gain very high.  In my case the trimmer
controls didn't do anything.  Decided to check my headphones (Shure
SM-2).  It turns out they are 2K ohms.  Opened them up and found a small
xfmr in each earpiece.  I bypassed them and now have 8 ohm headphones.
The AF Gain is now back in the "normal" range and the trimmer controls
work.  I was able to balance the spker/headphone gain so I don't have to
adjust the AF Gain when I go from spkr to headphones or vice-versa.
--
73, Jack
packet: KB2NY @ N2OCW.NJ.USA.NA  e-mail: kb2ny@fast.net