[Yaesu] SICK FT-102

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] SICK FT-102
From: bbell@inforamp.net (Bob Bell)
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 18:36:45 -0400 (EDT)
I recently aquired a FT-102. It has a receive problem. After turning it on,
it works fine for about 5 minutes, both on receive and transmit; but after
about 5 minutes, the receive audio deminishes until it nearly disappears
upon which I turn up the AF knob and the audio comes back but now the the
audio is garbled. When I shut off the radio for about a   1/2 hour , and
then start it up again everything is fine but, again, for about 5 minutes
and then the same problem recurs. It seems there may be a thermal problem.
Anybody out there that had this same problem; if so whats the cure??? Input
would be greatly appreciated.

Tnx/Bob

VE3VJX

--