[Yaesu] FT-1000MP Keyer

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000MP Keyer
From: k8ej@ix.netcom.com (Stephen P. Hart )
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 1996 05:20:59 -0800
With the internal keyer dot/dash weighting menu-adjusted to my
preference (more weighting on both), I decided to try some of the other
keyer features. I use the FH-1 Keypad to activate them.

When using the Memory feature the following occurs:  As memories are
loaded and/or played back the keying characteristics default back to
the original Yaesu settings for weighting (which is too choppy for my
liking).  Also, the speed changes.  In addition, from that point on,
just using the keyer function with a paddle also results in the default
keying characteristics rather than those stored via the menus.  The
only way to restore my keyer preferences, previously set in menus
7-0,7-1,7-2, is to turn the radio off/on.

Anyone else had this experience and figured out an alternative?

Tnx/73, Steve.

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/yaesufaq.html
Problems:                 ke7gh@contesting.com