[Yaesu] FT-900 synthesizer noise

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-900 synthesizer noise
From: lucien@austin.metrowerks.com (Lucien Stavenhagen)
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 1996 15:59:47 -0600
Hi again all,
In case anyone's interested, the synthesizer noise in my FT-900 is =
definitely some sort of emission from the front panel; I'm able to hear =
the same noise in my other HF rig (an FT-757GX) in the 10 to 11 mhz =
range with it sitting right next to the FT-900.
The microphone cord radiates the noise quite a bit. Taking the mike out =
of the jack seems to cut the noise to where it's at the noise floor.=20
That works out OK for me, since I rarely if ever use the microphone..
Of course, all this is academic when the antenna is some distance away =
from the rig and fed via coax.

BTW, that 757GX has a pretty good little reciever in it..

Anyway, just FYI... Any other confirmations/questions/comments/cutting =
remarks?

Thanks,
Lucien S.
KF5XR