[Yaesu] FT-1000MP sub-keying

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000MP sub-keying
From: n4Lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 18:30:03 -0800
Paul Christensen wrote:

> > Has anyone else noticed the crummy sounding transmit keying when
> using
> > the sub receiver?
>
> Yep.  It is distinctively different.  Anyone know why?

My guess is the extra processor time required to switch between
frequencies. The MP's sub receiver isn't a totally seperate system as
it is in the 1000d. Most radios have the same problem especially if the
rx and the tx are set for split bands!

For a really bad sounding note, try working RS-12 by transmitting on 15
and listening on 10 meters using cw. Your signal will sound like an old
1915 model spark gap.

N4LQ

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/yaesufaq.html