[Yaesu] FT-1000MP Power Mod

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000MP Power Mod
From: k3mm@erols.com (Tyler Stewart)
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 04:09:36 +0000
Mike Fatchett wrote:

> I just bought a 1000MP today serial # 6I range.  In the manual is an addendum
> that states that the RF Power control on the rig DOES control
the rf power level

> Mike
> W0MU

The lot number is the first to digits after the letter.

While the RF PWR control does control the power output with the PROC on
even without the mod, it does not behave at all linearly.  If you have
difficulty controlling RF power with the processor turned on, you need
to check for this mod.  Your signal will also get very "peaky" if you
dont have the mod and turn the RF PWR control down.

73, Tyler K3MM