[Yaesu] CATCC

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] CATCC
From: n2ckh@cybercomm.net (Steve Hajducek)
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 00:03:26 -0500
Hello All Readers,

It has come to my attention that my website and CATCC have been a topic of
discussion
here over the last few days, as I have received many e-mails and many beta
tester
requests. Especially from owners of the FT-1000 radios, yes my software does
provide
FULL radio control, including the sub-vfo, however since the last time the
project
was in full development the FT-1000MP was released and I have not coded for its
newer CAT capabilities as of yet.

I want everyone to know that what is currently at the website for
downloading is very
old and when posted was very early in development. Furthermore, CATCC
development and
wide area beta testing is scheduled to resume upon the completion and release of
Skywarn/2001 which is hopefully going to happen in March or early April '97,
with
a tenative release of the CATCC software by years end 1997.

At present I have a decent number beta testers lined up for the FT-990,
FT-1000D and
FT-1000MP, and I am responding to all submittals, however at present the
beta tester
list has become a waiting list. I will add anyone who applies, but you may
not get
to do any beta testing, at least not for the first version, depending on who
stays
involved for the long haul. However, all those that are interesting in use
of the
software for FULL remote station operation and not home station use, I do have
open slots for beta testers.

I do need beta testers for non-Yaesu radios, the JRC JST-145/245, Kenwood
TS-850, TS-940,
TS-950, TS-870 and TS-570, as well as Icom, Ten-Tec and SGC. There is a beta
tester
application form at my website (www.QTH.com/n2ckh.bytewise.org).

I truly appreciate all the interest, CATCC and CATCCjr has generated nothing
but praise from
all that have used the concept demo. From all the requests I have had, I
will be updating the
demo that is currently at the website with a slightly newer version soon, it
will still only
has support for certain Yaesu and Kenwood radios (I have almost coded for
FULL control of all computer controlled radios made before 1996, but not
updated the demo) but has many other
features, such as the DX-Calendar module, programmable frequency range
scanning and more. Look
for this update in the next few weeks.

Sincerely,

/s/ Steve Hajducek, N2CKH