[Yaesu] wanna' buy ft-3000, need advice !

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] wanna' buy ft-3000, need advice !
From: peca@galeb.etf.bg.ac.yu (Zoran Kostic)
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 01:23:34 +0100
Hi, group !
I am thinking of buying the FT-3000 mobile.
I would like to ask those of you who have this radio a couple of
questions, because my decision now depends greatly on these two things:

First, is it possible to receive VHF and UHF SIMULTANEOUSLY ?
   NOT like the 'priority' kind of thing, where the sub-band is scanned
every 5 seconds, but really BOTH at the same time, continuously, like
the FT-530 handheld. (or ft-8500 ?)

Second, is it possible to receive VHF on the sub-band ?
  Actually, is it possible to receive VHF both on the main band AND the
sub-band ?   At the same time, like in the first question :) of course.
All in all, does it have TWO INDEPENDENT receivers ?

And the third, those of you who use it, how do you like it ?  What are
the advantages, and what are disadvantages ?  How about intermod.
sensitivity in very strong RF fields ? This is a big problem at my
location. Is it easy to use ?
How about just anything else I should know, before I go and buy it ? :))

Many thanks
Zoran
YT1ZKB

--