[Yaesu] 6JS6C's

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] 6JS6C's
From: drasmussen@eosintl.com (Donald Rasmussen)
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 07:55:24 -0800
Rick Blank wrote:

If you do replace with the GE's or what ever else is available, there
is a mod from Yaesu that adds capacitance to the neutralizing circuit
to handle the American tubes...I do recommend this mod as it's
sometimes impossible to neutralize the American tubes without it.

Rick,

Thanks so much for the recommendation, although I have received the mod to
allow th GE tubes in my FT101EE, if they are not as robust, I'll pay a
little extra for the NEC tubes and skip the modification until GE is the
only thing available. I'm currently using the original factory tubes, which
have only a few hours use on them, I'm assuming with light use and a cooling
fan that these tubes may last quite a long time anyway.

I'll look for the stripe!

73's,
Don Rasmussen WB8YQJ/6
San Diego, Ca.