[Yaesu] FT-1000MP and FH-1 Remote Control Observations

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000MP and FH-1 Remote Control Observations
From: k5ra@pulse.net (Timothy L. Bratton)
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 21:54:46 -0800
Comments on FT-1000MP and FH-1 Remote Control

1. Yaesu wants you to use 0.5% resistors if you build your own FH-1.  I
measured my new FH-1 with a Fluke DVM, and found an average deviation
from textbook values of 3.1%, and the worst was off by 5.96%.  Maybe
this is the cause of my problems?

2.  The FH-1 and FT-1000MP documentation is wrong or vague or both.
There is a bulletin from Yaesu that has its facts straight, but it is
incomplete.

3.  After I cycle power off/on, the dot and dash weights revert to
default values (1:1, 3:1) when I send a stored message.  The 7-1 and 7-2
memory set-ups are unaffected, but the sending weights change.  I can
restore both weights by moving the dash weight off its set-up value,
then back, then closing the set-up menu.  This is not a good thing.  Is
this unique to my radio?

4.  The serial number formats (set-up 7-6) appear to be
       OFF        No leading zeros
       ----       3-digit, leading zeros
       999        3-digit, leading zeros
       9999       4-digit, leading zeros

5.  Cycling power or reprogramming memory #1 resets the serial number to
ONE regardless of the initial number in set-up 7-3.

Anyone else had these problems?
---K5RA

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.primenet.com/~ke7gh/yaesu.html