Comments on FT-1000MP and FH-1 Remote Control
1. Yaesu wants you to use 0.5% resistors if you build your own FH-1. I
measured my new FH-1 with a Fluke DVM, and found an average deviation
from textbook values of 3.1%, and the worst was off by 5.96%. Maybe
this is the cause of my problems?
2. The FH-1 and FT-1000MP documentation is wrong or vague or both.
There is a bulletin from Yaesu that has its facts straight, but it is
3. After I cycle power off/on, the dot and dash weights revert to
default values (1:1, 3:1) when I send a stored message. The 7-1 and 7-2
memory set-ups are unaffected, but the sending weights change. I can
restore both weights by moving the dash weight off its set-up value,
then back, then closing the set-up menu. This is not a good thing. Is
this unique to my radio?
4. The serial number formats (set-up 7-6) appear to be
OFF No leading zeros
---- 3-digit, leading zeros
999 3-digit, leading zeros
9999 4-digit, leading zeros
5. Cycling power or reprogramming memory #1 resets the serial number to
ONE regardless of the initial number in set-up 7-3.
Anyone else had these problems?
FAQ on WWW: http://www.primenet.com/~ke7gh/yaesu.html
Administrative requests: yaesu-REQUEST@contesting.com
Sponsored by: Akorn Access, Inc. & N4VJ / K4AAA