[Yaesu] FT-990? Reply to: cooker2@epo.gov.on.ca

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-990? Reply to: cooker2@epo.gov.on.ca
From: tetrault@mv.mv.com (Mark Tetrault)
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 22:15:40 GMT
On Thu, 27 Mar 1997 21:53:18 +0000, you wrote:

>net mail address:  cooker2@epo.gov.on.ca
>
>Greetings.  I have a 4-year-old Yaesu FT-990 which I purchased new.
> Recently I have begun to get reports of a hum or buzz on my signal.  I
>have monitored it myself and notice it is there on SSB and AM when I key
>the mic.
>
> I do not hear it when I transmit using MOX with mic disconnected, which
>would suggest something amiss in the audio portion of the transmitter.
> (I have tried a different mic but the problem remains.)  It becomes more
>pronounced when I turn on the processor.  I run it barefoot with no
>amplifier.
>
>Can anyone suggest what the problem might be and what is required to fix
>it?  Other than this, the rig performs excellently.
>
>Sure hope someone can help.
>
>Many thanks. 73.
>Bob VE3BDB
>
>net mail address:  cooker2@epo.gov.on.ca

Check your coax and connectors. It sounds like the mike may be picking
up stray RF in the shack.

Mark

| Mark D. Tetrault      | tetrault@mv.mv.com                  |
| 6 Colonial Drive      | 1:132/169@fidonet.org               |
| Pembroke, NH 03275    | aa1ov.ampr.org_44.52.7.8            |
| 603-485-5852          | http:// www.mv.com/users/tetrault   |