[Yaesu] FT1000MP RF Feedback?

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT1000MP RF Feedback?
From: Steve_Mutkin@wgs.co.uk (Steve Mutkin)
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 1997 09:42:57 +0000
I have an FT1000MP (2 weeks old) and am experiencing the following
problem.

When I transmit on SSB I can hear my voice (in the background) on the
rig's internal speaker, the level of which decreases when using low
power.

As I use the matching external speaker (SP8) which fires audio directly
at me (and not upwards in the case of the internal speaker) this
background sound is more noticeable.

I was offered a brand new rig by the dealer, and this also had the
problem (when tested in the dealer's shop), as did the demo model in the
dealer's shop.

The monitor button was switched off and the monitor level control turned
to minimum for good measure on all three rig's.

Has anyone else come across this?

Thanks

Steve
G0STV