[Yaesu] FT1000 questions

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT1000 questions
From: lmenzel@millcomm.com (Larry Menzel)
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 10:05:06 -0500
Good morning all,

As a new (today) subscriber, excuse me if this has been asked before.

I am pleased to say that I just picked up a mint used FT1000D, 14 months
old.  I'm in heaven.

However, after working with it for the last couple days, I am puzzled by
two things.

1.  The 10kHz tuning speed seems very fast, especially on low bands.
Coming from an IC765 with a 5kHz per rev speed, it really seems fast.  I
put out a general question on the topband reflector and got one
constructive answer: a mod from International Radio and Computer.

Does anyone have another mod idea, or is this the accepted solution?

2.  It seems to me that there are times that I would enjoy using the BPF in
the rig.  However, I can't have my cake and eat it too, it seems, because I
want to use my beverage antennas on 80/160 and that seems to be
incompatible with the BPF in place--I have to use the external antenna jack
by the ground lug.

It seems logical that a small mod might be made to relocate that switch
(2001 if memory serves) to a more handy position so that, when and if
desired, I could simply throw the switch and be able to use the BPF.
Perhaps I'm not using it in the most effective way, but other 1000D users
here tell me that's the deal.  What say?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Larry N0XB
Northfield, MN
                  _  ______________________________  _
                 / )|         Larry Menzel         |( \
                / / |     Financial Consulting     | \ \
              _( (_ |     Minneapolis MN 55431     | _) )_
             (((\ \>| /->    The Bicycle Is    <-\ |</ /)))
             (\\\\ \|/ /  The Key To Happiness  \ \|/ ////)
               \    _/   lmenzel@millcomm.com     \_    /
               /   /|      lmenzel@juno.com        |\   \

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.primenet.com/~ke7gh/yaesu.html