[Yaesu] FT1000MP RF FEEDBACK?

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT1000MP RF FEEDBACK?
From: dgmaley@inav.net (Dave Maley)
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 19:45:32 +0000
Steve;  I had this same problem with a FT-900, when I first got it.
Ended up calling Yaesu Tech support and solving the problem.
I'm not saying this same fix will solve your problem, but at least check it
out.
Yaesu wanted to know more about the power supply I was running
the radio from (Astron 35 Amp).  He commented that Astron has a
bulletin out on their supplies dealing when they are used with a
HF-SSB radio.  Astron suggests that a grounding strap be placed
between the negative  post and the supply chassis.  This elinimates RF
circulating ground currents in the supply chassis. I also have my
radio sitting right on top of the supply so that I could closely
couple these RF currents right into the radio <smile>.
PROBLEM SOLVED!
Good luck.  I hope your solution is as simple.
Dave   WA0ZZG