[Yaesu] Rusults: Keying Characteristics

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Rusults: Keying Characteristics
From: lmenzel@millcomm.com (Larry Menzel)
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 09:25:23 -0500
OK, All...thanks for the input.  Great responses.  The problem, as you
recall was missed characters when sending CW.  Operator error, I fear,
strikes again:

1.  DUH!  Keep the contacts on the paddles clean of corruption.  The gold
plated contacts on the paddle, Bencher in this case, had, in fact, gotten
rather dirty.  A thourough cleaning with silver polish etc. has seemed to
alleviate the problem...at least at first blush.  I'll be on more this
weekend and see for sure.

2.  Yaesu, contrary to some posts, does, in fact, have a keyer chip in the
radios, and does not use the microprocessor for that pupose.

3.  This is the most useful reflector I have been priviledged to enjoy.
Thank you for your honest, straightforward and respectful responses.  It's
really a treat to be among you.  I'm very pleased with my FT toys.

Larry N0XB
Northfield, MN...see you on the bands...if they ever come back.

                 / )|         Larry Menzel         |( \
                / / |     Financial Consulting     | \ \
              _( (_ |     Minneapolis MN 55431     | _) )_
             (((\ \>| /->    The Bicycle Is    <-\ |</ /)))
             (\\\\ \|/ /  The Key To Happiness  \ \|/ ////)
               \    _/   lmenzel@millcomm.com     \_    /
               /   /|      lmenzel@juno.com        |\   \