[Yaesu] FT-1000MP Amp Relay Problem

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000MP Amp Relay Problem
From: lburke@wt.net (Larry Burke)
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 1997 21:54:33 -0500
I'm using an MP with an SB-220. Has worked fine for months, then a couple of
months ago an irritating problem developed with the relay used to switch the
(non-QSK) amp. Now, until the rig warms up, the relay has a significant
delay in energizing (e.g. when on VOX it may not kick in until the second or
third word of a sentence). Kinda annoying when calling a station.... first
two letters of the call come out low power and last two letters come out
high power (maybe I have discovered an undocumented menu item for list
operation.... "just give me your last two letters"?!)  Anybody else
experience this problem?

Larry WI5A
Friendswood, TX