[Yaesu] FT-1000MP display "delay" at power on

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000MP display "delay" at power on
From: jjensen@mankato.msus.edu (Joel Jensen)
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 16:07:31 -0500
I've watched messages on this reflector describing different problems
encountered with the MP for some time.  I've always felt fortunate that my
MP, in service for almost two years, hasn't had so much as a hiccup.  (Other
than the RF Power Mod, etc., which I've resolved.)  Well, at least until
recently...

At power up, the display stays completely black for awhile.  This only
occurs intermittently, and eventually comes to life after a few seconds-- so
far.  Everything seems to function (best as I can tell), except the
display... i.e., receive audio is heard, etc.

I don't recall seeing anyone describing this problem before, so I apologize
if I've forgotten previous descriptions of this malady.  Anyone else had any
experience with this?

I had a similar problem with my first (and last) Kenwood HF transceiver.  Of
course, that had a completely different type of display. I was never able to
resolve that problem, nor was Kenwood, true to form for intermittent problems.
So when my MP began doing this, it immediately raised the hairs on the back
of my neck.  (I hope this isn't some kind of curse upon me-- if so, back to
Drakes and Colllins with analog displays for me-- at least I can replace the
bulbs when they burn out!)  But seriously...

Thanks in advance!

-73 de KF0VB