[Yaesu] New FT-920

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] New FT-920
From: n7zm@juno.com (n7zm@juno.com)
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 21:22:11 -0700
Having a little look at the new Yaesu FT-920 at HRO, I was very impressed

with the improvements over the 990 and 1000MP. Its only downfall I can
really
see, is the receiver, it's only a double conversion while the 1000 is a
quad.
Has anyone had the opportunity yet to compare it seriously with the
FT-1000D ?
Is it worth the trade off ?? I do like the DSP, built in DVS-2, 6 meters
and contest keyer. I've been a happy 1000D owner for 3 years now, but as
always
am looking for newer and better technology.
Thanks for your thoughts.73- Ron N7ZM