[Yaesu] W6OAL@aol.com: Re: VHF HORIZONTAL OMNIS

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] W6OAL@aol.com: Re: VHF HORIZONTAL OMNIS
From: n0ygm@juno.com (Kenneth G Knight)
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 1997 14:54:45 EDT
That little OAL 2M Folded Halo on mag mount is a nice horizontal omni
antenna for mobile or portable use.  I have ran with one for a couple of
years.  Virtually no moisture detuning.  Has a slight vertical element;
gets into repeaters fine for those of you who want to do that with one
antenna.  Myself, I like SSB-DX.  The 2M OAL Folded Halo does a nice job!
  It worked fine with my Yeasu FT290RII.  It runs nice with my ICOM
IC706.   Doing it mobile just adds to the fun!  I'd like to try one of
Dave's OAL Mobile Six antennas!  How about an evaluation unit, Dave?

BTW, I have no interest in Olde Antenna Labs nor OAL Antenna products.  I
am just an extremely satisfied customer sharing some positive comments!

73,
Ken Knight, N0YGM--DM78ov