[Yaesu] FT901 Meter pegged!

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT901 Meter pegged!
From: drasmussen@eosintl.com (Donald Rasmussen)
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 08:13:34 -0700
Hello all,

I'm having an interesting occurance with the IC meter on my FT901 pegging at
times during tune. Even if the carrier is turned all the way
counterclockwise, the IC meter postion will peg. If I switch to PO (relative
power), the radio tunes up just fine, putting out 100 watts. The carrier
control also works fine for controlling the output from 0 to 100 Watts. I
suspect this to me a meter issue, and that my plate current is not really
excessive.

If I tune up in the FM mode, the meter indicates IC correctly. When I then
return the mode switch to CW, the meter will then show an appropriate IC
reading. Does anyone have an idea why this might be happening?

Thanks in advance,

Don Rasmussen WB8YQJ/6