[Yaesu] external keyer for FT-1000MP

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] external keyer for FT-1000MP
From: mhbailey@mhtc.net (Mike Bailey)
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 1997 21:09:17 -0500
I've been finding that changing CW speeds with the tiny speed knob for CW
is hit or miss since the settings are not repeatable and the range is great
for the smallest adjustment.  Since I try to match my speed to whoever I'm
talking with, I want to be sure it's the same, particularly when slowing
down.  I'm thinking of adding an external keyer that has more positive
feedback on the setting(s).  I see MFJ has at least one that has an LCD and
also one that has settings which can been done ala speed (2 digits) via a
keyboard.  Changing to a dummy load, putting the amp on standby, and
testing the speed is not very efficient...  Has anyone in this list any
suggestions (other than to send 30wpm code at 10 wpm with lots of spacing
if needed - hi).  Thanks.  By the way, I need to interface my Bencher with
it...

73,
Mike
W9UV