[Yaesu] wanted source for FT 5100 PA

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] wanted source for FT 5100 PA
From: dgmaley@inav.net (Dave Maley)
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 12:50:07 +0000
Had to replace mine too.   Those that have a '5100 be careful when
running this radio at 50W level.  It is possible to overheat the VHF
PA module.  Mine was not properly coated with heat-sink compound.
Didn't find this until warranty was done.  Not that bad to pull off
board.
Suggest checking Richardson Electronics.  The PA in the '5100 is a
SAV24.  It can be replaced with a SAV18, if you don't mind only
running 45W.  You will find this module is a lot less, and pin
compatable.  Don't forget to properly apply heat-sink compound
to both VERY CLEAN surfaces.
Dave.   WA0ZZG