[Yaesu] 1000MP]

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] 1000MP]
From: nated@MICROSOFT.com (Nate Dixon)
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 11:10:06 -0700
I have been asked to forward the info on the hidden menu for the
FT1000MP.  Guess I should have done that anyway.

73 Nate
N7OS

-----
From: Andrew Williamson <andrew@gi0nwg.demon.co.uk>
To: w4fda@southeast.net
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] 1000MP
To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 1997 16:05:48 -0700

In message <33918764.7C7B@southeast.net>, Preston Graham
<w4fda@southeast.net> writes
>How can I decode the serial number to find out the date of manufacture?
>After what Serial Number are all the current modifications installed?

Hi,

Don't worry about the serial number.  An more reliable way to tell the
date of manufacture is to do the following.

1. Switch the radio off.

2. Press and hold the FAST and LOCK keys whilst turning the radio on.
   (this gives you extended menus).

3. Press FAST and ENTER to go into the menus.

4. Turn the MEM CH/VFO knob to menu 9.x.  I can't remember exactly as I
   don't have the radio here, but you'll know it when you see something
   like 951122c2 in the main vfo display.  This is the date of
   manufacture as programmed into the EPROM in the form YYMMDD.

5. When finished press ENTER to exit the menus.  Next time you turn the
   radio on the extended menus will have disappeared (that is until you
   perform step 2 again).

Hope this is of help.  If you are going to play around with any of the
settings in the extended menus, please be very careful as you could
cause some serious misalignment to the radio.

You will probably like menu 9.1 (I think) which will give you general
coverage transmit.

You play at your own risk ;-)

Vy 73,

Andrew Williamson GI0NWG / AC6WI