[Yaesu] VX-1R Cross Band poll

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] VX-1R Cross Band poll
From: jmcghee@cyberramp.net (Jim McGhee)
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 1997 17:38:46 -0500
Hi All,
Thanks to a post from Dale Goodman KD4CVR, I've been able to get my
VX-1R to receive on one band and xmit on another.  I had to take it back
to Texas Towers (don't tell them I told you to do this ;-) ) and get
them to give me a newer radio.  The one they sold me last week was
revision A101 whereas the one I got yesterday was A105.
I know crossband doesn't work on A101 and DOES work on A105.  What I'd
like to know is what is the lowest revision number that DOES work.

If you don't know how to tell your revision number, turn the radio on
while holding the AR button.  Press the AR button about 6 more times and
you will see A10x.  Thats your firmware revision number. (I had to tell
the guy and Yaesu how to do this!!??)
Please let me know know what revision you have and weather or not you
can do crossband repeat.  I'll report back to the list if I get enough
response.

Also...
Does anyone know if the firmware is in flash memory and if it can be
upgraded by the new ADMS program when it comes out?  Or any other way?

Thanks in advance,
Jim McGhee   N5FZT