[Yaesu] Slow tuning mod for FT-1000d

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Slow tuning mod for FT-1000d
From: slay@netcom.com (Sandy Lynch)
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 1997 10:32:40 -0700 (PDT)
This is probably old hat for many of the fellows on this reflector,
but in case you haven't heard of it ...  there is a small modification
that can be made to the FT-1000 that will drop the tuning rate for
the rig from its usual high speed 10KHz per revolution to about
2.5KHz.  However, as you spin the VFO knob faster it smoothly
goes back to the usual 10KHz rate and even to 25KHz with rapid
rotation. Apparently, the same mod can be used for the sub-VFO ..
but I personally would get no advantage from it.

The 2.5KHz rate is wonderful when using the tight CW filters.
Anyway ... I've had it installed for only a few days now and
am very pleased with it.

Installation time was around 20 minutes or so ... but I was very
slow and meticulous.  The instructions for installing the small
PCB were relatively easy to follow and complete.  FWIW, the
unit was supplied by the fellows who took over the IRCI service
divisions.  It's called the "FT-1000 Tuning Upgrader" and cost
$54.95 including shipping to my address.

Disclaimer:  I have no affiliation or other interest in the firm.

73, Sandy W7BX
Portland, Oregon
slay@netcom.com