[Yaesu] FT1000Mp DSP Audio Settings

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT1000Mp DSP Audio Settings
From: elliottr@hurontel.on.ca (Rod Elliott)
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 11:59:04 -0400
At 09:00 AM 10/18/97 +0000, you wrote:
>Could someone send me suggestions on how to set up the 1000MP DSP for
>best audio "punch" for SSB dx work? I am using an MD-100 mike.  I
>have been told, and agree, that with the DSP on the audio sounds
>"thin."
>Robert L. Carroll W2WG X-AA2UV

Robert:

I have done some careful on-air tests getting listener evaluations for both
"Punch" and "Quality". The tests were done using a good experimental
design; several observers, blind (they didn't know the filter numbers), and
the four Tx EDSP filters compared in all possible pairs. I use an old Heil
BM-10 boomset and have a rather soft, low voice. Here are the results, by
Tx EDSP filter number:

For "most punchy signal":  best-to-worst  1,3,4,2
For "most pleasant-sounding audio"  best-to worst  4,3,1,2

So... with my voice and mic, it's filter 1 to bust pileups and filter 4 for
best audio quality. Filter 3 is a good compromise.

Hope this helps

73

Rod VE3IRF
elliottr@hurontel.on.ca