[Yaesu] RE: FT-890

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] RE: FT-890
From: MUENZLERK@uthscsa.edu (Muenzler, Kevin)
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 08:33:33 -0500
On Ka0yos@aol.com, Ka0yos@aol.com wrote:
> The frequency stability in my FT-890 has gone away.  It likes to
wander a few
> hundred hertz on both transmit and receive.  Has anyone had this
problem
> before.  Is there a know easy fix?
>
> Thanks and 73,
> Joe
> Ka0yos@aol.com

The "fix" should be pretty easy yet probably expensive.
It sounds like the master oscillator is flaky.  You can
either replace the factory installed unit or you can buy
a temperature compensated, ultra stable, oscillator.
You might have a shop look at it just to make sure that
it is the master oscillator that is unstable.

Kevin