[Yaesu] FT-1000MP Front End - Flat or Tuned

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000MP Front End - Flat or Tuned
From: ThomasJ@shbank.com (Thomas Johnson)
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 1997 17:55:06 -0600
Same over here...

I hear that is the way it is... Use the tuned front end for the above 20
bands... and flat for lower than 20.... But I sense that it would be a pain in
the butt to be changing it all the time especially if you jump from 20 to 40
chasing DX...

I just keep it on tuned... the front end is a little hotter on 20... and if I
can hear the station on 40... it doesnt affect my TX.

Tom
K9KJ
(Whoa.. I think I just confused myself)

>>> "Jack Trampler - N2JT" <n2jt@fast.net> 11/4/97 10:12:46 AM >>>
I would like to know if the front end amplifier in my FT-1000MP is working
correctly.  On 10/12 meters received signals are much stronger with the
"Tuned" setting as opposed to "Flat", however, on 160 - 40 meters, signals
are actually attenuated in the "Tuned" mode.  The difference is about 4 - 5
S-units.  Shouldn't the signals be stronger in "Tuned" mode?

73,
Jack - N2JT

packet:  N2JT@W3BI.#EPA.PA.USA.NA
e-mail:   n2jt@fast.net