[Yaesu] 1000mp and Amp

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] 1000mp and Amp
From: rlubash@poco.mv.com (Richard Lubash)
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 15:29:25 -0500
I am in the process of interfacing a 1000mp to an Ameritron AL-80b Amp and
was wondering if the switching circuit that is provided on the ACC-2 jack
would be suitable. I realize the AL-80b is not a qsk amp but I like to
operate QSK barefoot and the thought of using the <TX-GND> RCA jack and
having to turn the <Lin> relay switch on and off every time I switch from
the amp to qsk barefoot sounds like a hassle.

Has anyone had any experience switching non-qsk amps like the AL-80 from
pins 8 & 2 of the ACC-2 Jack. The manual gives a stern warning about this
procedure. Any input would be appreciated.

73

Richard / N1VXW

Richard Lubash
rlubash@poco.mv.com