[Yaesu] Re: SBDVP cables

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Re: SBDVP cables
From: becker@SPRINTMAIL.COM (Tony and Celia Becker)
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 19:42:07 -0700
Hi All!

Please note that SBDVP.EXE by W9CF was written to work with TRLog by N6TR.
It probably doesn't work with NA or CT, but you could ask Kevin Schmidt
about it at w9cf@ptolemy.la.asu.edu .

At 09:38 AM 11/12/97 CST, k0rx@juno.com (David R Andersen) wrote:
>Tony:
>  Can you tell me more about your cables for the SBDVP?  You mentioned
>in a post I read that you used CVB/DVS cables.  Does that mean you wired
>directly from the line output of your soundblaster card to the audio in
>on
>the DVS input for the radio?  I am using a FT1000MP radio.

No, I use a 2:1 step-up and isolation transformer.

>Also, I guess you must use the PTT line that works by starting with the
>command
>sbdvp -p1n2.

I use the command line:

       sbdvp -m2p1 -p1n2

the -p1n2 makes the DVS switch to the internal mic circuit during record.

>Do you just put the signal on the base of a 2n2222 or
>equiv., connect
>the emitter to the strobe pin, and the collector to the PTT input on the
>DVS connector?

The latter, just like the normal CW keying transistor, including the 1 Kohm
base resistor which goes to pin 16 for PTT control by TRLog.

>Do you need to use active pullup?

No, the radio has an internal pullup.

73

Tony and Celia Becker - becker@sprintmail.com - Silicon Valley, U.S.A.