[Yaesu] FT-890 Problem

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-890 Problem
From: Jastaples@aol.com (Jastaples@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 01:06:51 -0500 (EST)
I have a Yaesu FT-890 that exhibits a rather strange problem. It appears that
it has "lost its ears" on all frequencies above about 15 MHz. There also
seems to be a transmit problem above 15 MHz. HOWEVER, it still works fine on
20 M and below, receive and transmit. All indications and funcitons appear
normal.

Before I box it up to ship it off to Cerritos, CA for service, does anyone
 have any suggestions as to a simpler solution to the problem. With the new
rigs & microprocessors I'm never sure that I have not run into an "operator
error"  of some sort. Maybe there's some button I need to hold down while I
turn the power on or a loose connector, or whatever that will reactivate
things.

Any help would be appreciated.

Joe, W5ASP