[Yaesu] FL7000 modification for 24 and 29 MHZ Vands

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FL7000 modification for 24 and 29 MHZ Vands
From: becker@SPRINTMAIL.COM (Tony and Celia Becker)
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 1997 10:49:37 -0700
Hi Glenn!

At 11:53 AM 12/7/97 -0500, you wrote:
>He thinks there is a jumper or diode that has to be
>removed or added ( his words). He called Yaesu in California and they would
>tell him  nothing, but recommended that he return the amp to them to do the
>work.

With the introduction of the 1 KW Quadra Amp, there will be a good number
of these 500W FL-7000 amps available.  While I have read some negative
comments about their reliablity in heavy use, I am a very active contester
and mine has been completely trouble free for the 4 years I have owned it.

There is a small, three position slide switch mounted on the main
microprocessor PCB just behind the front panel.  Remove the top and bottom
covers and you can just see it through the crack above with a small
flashlight held below and just reach it with a bent piece of #12 house wire
from above.  There is a good picture in the manual on page 12.

The USA model comes with the switch in the middle, B position, enabling the
24.5 MHz band but not the 28 Mhz band.  Move it to the C position to enable
the 28 Mhz band as well.

Or FAX a copy of your license to them and they will send you written
instructions.

73

AE0M, Tony Becker - becker@sprintmail.com - Silicon Valley, USA