[Yaesu] FT1000MP QSK w/Amp

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT1000MP QSK w/Amp
From: rwalters@mailhost.magicnet.net (R.S.Walters)
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 1997 14:29:10 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0026_01BD031C.7BC1ADA0

I am going to control a ALPHA 91b QSK amplifier for digital modes that =
require allot of switching and I therefor don't want to use the internal =
relay.  Pin #2 of the band data jack can control the amp control line =
since the voltage and current draw is well within the specified ratings =
of the circuit. =20
=20
Question:  Pin #8 is used by Yaesu as a feed back line that the =
amplifier is ready, do I have to use this input?  Is there a interlock =
circuit that knows when the band data plug is inserted thus requiring a =
ground circuit even when your not using the jack?  The Alpha 91b does =
have this output available but I'm not sure if I need to use it.  I've =
looked at the schematics and I can't find any switch interlock with the =
band data plug that would indicate that I need this feed back circuit.  =
My old Kenwood TS940 did have this interlock circuit that prevented QSK =
operation with the TL922A linear that I use to have.  Alpha said that if =
I set the delay transmit for 10ms or higher I would not need to use the =
feed back loop.  Anyone used this band data output and what did you =
experience?  I've seen data that some of the other Yaesu rigs do have a =
interlock switch that closes when you place the jack into the equivalent =
band data jack on there rig's to protect the switch (Hot key) circuits.  =
Any advise is appreciated.
=20
Merry Xmas to All and thanks for the time to respond
=20
73's - Ron - W4LDE

------=_NextPart_000_0026_01BD031C.7BC1ADA0

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I am going to control a ALPHA 91b =
QSK amplifier=20
for digital modes that require allot of switching and I therefor don't =
want to=20
use the internal relay.&nbsp; Pin #2 of the band data jack can control =
the amp=20
control line since the voltage and current draw is well within the =
specified=20
ratings of the circuit.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Question:&nbsp; Pin #8 is used by =
Yaesu as a=20
feed back line that the amplifier is ready, do I have to use this =
input?&nbsp;=20
Is there a interlock circuit that knows when the band data plug is =
inserted thus=20
requiring a ground circuit even when your not using the jack?&nbsp; The =
Alpha=20
91b does have this output <FONT color=3D#000000>available </FONT>but I'm =
not sure=20
if I need to use it.&nbsp; I've looked at the schematics and I can't =
find any=20
switch interlock with the band data plug that would indicate that I need =
this=20
feed back circuit.&nbsp; My old Kenwood TS940 did have this interlock =
circuit=20
that prevented QSK operation with the TL922A linear that I use to =
have.&nbsp;=20
Alpha said that if I set the delay transmit for 10ms or higher I would =
not need=20
to use the feed back loop.&nbsp; Anyone used this band data output and =
what did=20
you experience?&nbsp; I've seen data that some of the other Yaesu rigs =
do have a=20
interlock switch that closes when you place the jack into the equivalent =
band=20
data jack on there rig's to protect the switch (Hot key) circuits.&nbsp; =
Any=20
advise is appreciated.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Merry Xmas to All and thanks for the =
time to=20
respond</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>73's - Ron -=20
W4LDE</FONT></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0026_01BD031C.7BC1ADA0--