[Yaesu] *$^ rig

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] *$^ rig
From: hershman@ix.netcom.com (hershman@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 19:56:20 -0600 (CST)
On 12/22/97 20:03:08 you wrote:

>Anybody know what the New 846 rig plans to sell at??  I know it not due
>out till Feb or so , but I'm sure somebody know approx what the rig
>will sell for.    Thanks    Stan
>
>--
>FAQ on WWW:               http://www.qsl.net/k7on/yaesu.html
>Submissions:              yaesu@contesting.com
>Administrative requests:  yaesu-REQUEST@contesting.com
>Problems:                 owner-yaesu@contesting.com

The Japan Web page lists the radio at 210,000 Yen or about $1800 approx. BTW
the FT920 lists
for 198,000 Yen and the best price for that so far has been $1639 (with
coupon).
The initial offering of the radio will be at $2000 and I saw that at Ross
Distributing.
Basically,
the price will drop $200 like most radios in six months plus all the bugs will
be fixed by then.
Still the Tuner (model FC-20) is an option. My "GUESS" is it costs $400 .

Cheers,  Austin Powers