[Yaesu] FIF-232C I/F results

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FIF-232C I/F results
From: rwing@southwind.net (Randy Wing)
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 21:38:49 -0600 (CST)
Thanks to all who answered (6 in all) my questions about the serial cable
requirements for my pentium pro 150 and my Yaesu FT-840.  Per everyones
advice, I purchased the 9 pin COM to 25 pin RS232C cable.  It worked very
well without the suspected hardware configuration nightmare.  I very
literally downloaded Pro-Cat and it allowed me to change the frequencies,
memories, etc on the FT-840 with NO configuration info.  I am in the
process of trying other control programs that allow more and different
capabilities.

I appreciate your help.

Randy
KB0YHU