[Yaesu] Yaesu S/W

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Yaesu S/W
From: btilman@gelac.mar.lmco.com (Bill Tilman)
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 1998 16:20:06 -0500 (EST)
Well, just to check back in and summarize the search for the Yaesu
FT-50 Software interface information.  From the responses I got back
about the request, it sounds like Yaesu used to provide a development
kit for at lease one of their radios.  But, no longer for any of their
newer radios, it seems, hmmmm.  I got no response from Yaesu - How
about you guys at Yaesu?  I'm sure you guys are monitoring this list.
Right?

Further, I also have seen nothing for the MacIntosh systems for this
radio or other radios by Yaesu.

Now, how about let's hear from them RT Systems guys.  Do you guys sell
a 'developers' kit for interfacing to the radio's?  Is this just not a
big market for this type product?  I have to wonder if there might be a
few really good ideas come out of the general Ham public about what
kind of new S/W products or applications could be brainstormed.  Heck,
then you RT Systems guys could use some of those ideas and implement
them into your next versions.

73's
Bill         WB7QFO