[Yaesu] FT-990 RX Antenna Feedback Problem

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-990 RX Antenna Feedback Problem
From: lmenzel@millcomm.com (Larry Menzel)
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 09:01:32 -0600
Ron,

1.  You don't mention if you have a grounding circuit on your RX antenna.
Never use your
receive antenna port without a device to ground your
receive antenna while transmitting...YOU CAN RUIN THE FRONT END OF YOUR RIG.
I suggest the Front End Saver.

2.  I suspect that you are seeing some RF feedback from the receive antenna
and
it's coming back through the keying circuit to the linear.  Again, this, I
think
would stop if your RX antenna were grounded.

3.  Front End Saver avaliable from C&S Electronics, Fort Wayne, Indiana.
About $50.