[Yaesu] FT-1000/D NOTCH Control Anomaly?

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000/D NOTCH Control Anomaly?
From: kb3aug@juno.com (Bill Hinkle)
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 23:32:59 -0500
Art, After reading your post, I checked mine. All I can hear is a
difference in tone of the received signal. It does sound better when
turned fully CW. But what do I know, I swear my FT-767 hears better then
my 1000D. I worked WH0AAV and KH2D on 75 the other morning and started
with the 1000 and went to the 767 (just flip a switch and move the
headphones) and I could copy WH0AAV better on the 767 and I gave him a
3X3. I don't care how far in the mud they are, if I feel I can copy my
call and report I try to work them. I had the 1000 checked out by
International Radio when they were still in FL (less shipping charges).
Might have been a bad move........
                                                                  144
confirmed on 75
                                                                  73,
Bill KB3AUG

Riverton, WV
On Thu, 26 Feb 1998 08:23:29 -0500 "Arthur F. Wildblood"
<artw4aa@ibm.net> writes:
>In USB, LSB, and CW modes (others not checked) with the NOTCH push
>switch off and tuned to band noise on any band, rotating the NOTCH
>knob
>on my FT-1000 seems to effect the rx signal strength.  The difference
>is
>noticiable to the ear, and the S-meter indicates about a 3-5 db
>difference.  Band noise is strongest with the NOTCH control in the
>full
>clockwise position and weakest with the NOTCH control in the full CCW
>position.  This occurs when using any bandwidth selectivity.  All
>other
>controls are in their "normal" positions.  According to the "Operating
>
>Manual", the NOTCH control, which is supposed to set the notch
>frequency, should not be active when the NOTCH push switch is off.  Is
>
>this a problem with my FT-1000, or do all FT-1000's work this way?
>Does anyone know what's going on?  Tnx, Art/W4AA
>
>--
>FAQ on WWW:               http://www.qsl.net/k7on/yaesu.html
>Submissions:              yaesu@contesting.com
>Administrative requests:  yaesu-REQUEST@contesting.com
>Problems:                 owner-yaesu@contesting.com

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]