[Yaesu] Yaesu FT-107M Owners: Any hints or tips?

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Yaesu FT-107M Owners: Any hints or tips?
From: WB4LNM@aol.com (WB4LNM)
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1998 12:17:15 EST
It's nice to see all of the discussions about the new digitally-based radios,
but I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on performance improvements to my
FT-107M, which I've had since 1980!

One problem I have had (forever) is that attaching external input audio to the
rear panel connector (which is roughly in parallel with the microphone) causes
lousy audio on the air, especially on the lower bands.  No amount of filtering
and bypassing has helped.  Strangely, Yaesu floated the ground on that RCA
jack even though all the rest are grounded to the rear panel.  I don't have
the matching patch, so I have no idea what its circuitry does.  If someone has
the patch and the schematic, I'd sure like a photocopy to see what they did.

If you are an FT-107M owner / operator, I'd appreciate hearing from you.  Mine
still works solidly after all these years.  Thanks and 73.

John...   WB4LNM           WB4LNM@aol.com     "One of the Hams from Heath"