[Yaesu] FT-1000/D Spurious Responses

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000/D Spurious Responses
From: sdelling@facstaff.wisc.edu (Scott Ellington)
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 09:23:14 -0500
My FT-1000D (SN 3E300006) has some annoying spurious responses.  A couple
specific cases are described below.  I'd be very interested in hearing
whether other FT-1000's have the same ones.  All you need to check it
out is a signal generator or another transmitter.  The signal levels required
aren't all that high (S9+40), so any nearby station would suffice.  Frequencies
I've listed are approximate, so you may have to tune around the signal and/or
RX a bit.

Set receiver to 14.001 MHz, CW mode, 500 Hz bandwidth.  Set signal
generator for S9+40 dB at 14.000.  Then tune signal generator to about 14.035.
There is a spur there that is independent of main tuning. It's about 80 dB down.

Another occurs with the RX tuned to 3552 kHz and signal at 3555.  This one is
only
about 55 dB down, and tunes at twice normal speed.  (20 Hz steps).

There are many, many more, but I'd like to limit discussion and tests
to these two for now.

Scott  K9MA
sdelling@facstaff.wisc.edu