[Yaesu] 8 pin DIN for FT-1000/990 BAND DATA

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] 8 pin DIN for FT-1000/990 BAND DATA
From: w2vjn@rosenet.net (George Cutsogeorge)
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 08:08:14 -0800
James,

The connector you need is called a DP8/262 and is available from the RF
Connection for $1.50.

Top Ten Devices has been selling a band decoder for the Yaesu radios using
the CD4028 for a number of years.  All 9 HF bands are decoded.  We use a
ULN2003A relay driver chip to interface the 4028 with the relays.  It has 7
outputs, so we use two additional transistors to drive the other two bands.
 It can drive antenna selector relays and band pass filter relays at the
same time.  For more details and some application notes see
www.qth.com/topten

George, W2VJN