[Yaesu] FT-1000MP S/N and Date Code Decripting

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000MP S/N and Date Code Decripting
From: WD8ARZ" <wd8arz@null.net (WD8ARZ)
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 1998 13:03:57 -0400
Hello Morel, here is the serial number break down information for the
FT-1000MP

Serial No:    7  N 250 078

The 7 is year the radio was actually made = 1997
The N is month made starting with January as  C,  =  December
The 250 is batch number =  Batch 25
The 078 is serial number in that batch = 78

Thus the HARDWARE, not the mods made after manufacture, for your FT-1000MP
was manufactured in December 1997 and is serial number 78 in batch 25.

I have heard that batch units are stored, and then just prior to shipping,
known mods are put in. This mod date is what some think is in the menu 9-8.
Please note that this is a changeable setting, so some other person may have
changed it like a car millage when sold as used, but probably can be trusted
when bought new.

By turning the FT1000MP off, then holding the FAST and LOCK buttons in and
turning the radio back on, the hidden 9-x menu options are
available.....until you power off. To get into the hidden menu, Press and
hold the FAST button, then press ENTER button. You will now find menu
options in the 9.x range.  Menu option 9-8 gives the date. By rotating the
sub receiver knob, you select date segments that then can be changed with
the Main Vfo knob. Menu 9-5 gives a non changable cpu version leval.

Your radio is a very new version, one of the newest I have read about. What
is your CPU version as shown in 9-5, and what date do you get for 9-8?

My FT-1000MP is about one year older and has the following information:
FT1000MP serial number:        7C170105  ( January of 1997)
CPU Version leval:                     1.30
To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Menu 9-8 Date:                           970214c2   (Feburary 14, 1997)

Hope this helps you and others out (and no, I have no idea if this applies
to other models or brands)

73 from Bill - WD8ARZ
wd8arz@null.net