[Yaesu] FT900cat

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT900cat
From: donald.s.tucker@exgate.tek.com (donald.s.tucker@exgate.tek.com)
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 22:21:21 -0700
I have been using this rig for over a year now in my mobile and it is used
most every day.  It has worked flawlessly under all temp conditions,and the
reports I receive are always complementary (of the audio in particular). The
ATU does not handle high SWR, but it shouldn't  Forces you to ensure the
antenna reasonably tuned and it works well.  You can also take the ATU off
line and use one of the it match everything external tuners. Only thing to
look for is a mod is needed to change a resistor value in early models which
vastly improves NB.  Easy to do.  Nice rig, you will like it.  Get the IRAD
filter for SSB if one is not installed.
\
Don W7WLL