[Yaesu] FT-990 CAT Interface?

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-990 CAT Interface?
From: WmLB@prefer.net (Bill Brannick)
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 15:55:11 -0700
I have owned my 990 for 6 years now and while I have been tempted a
couple of times (920 and 1000MP), I intend to stick with this one
for some time to come.

So... what do I need to acquire in order to use the CAT
capabilities.
I assume I need some sort of interface between a serial port on my
computer and the CAT connector on the 990. Also need software I
guess.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Since my arthritis has limited
my "build-it" capabilities, I do need to consider items that are
"off-the=shelf".

If this has already been covered recently, just point me to the
appropriate archeive.

--
BILL BRANNICK | Costa Mesa, CA
Amateur Radio Station: KN6FJ