[Yaesu] CAT Freq Scan?

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] CAT Freq Scan?
From: jbsproul@icon.net (Jerry Sproul)
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 10:42:05 -0500
Sorry that is correct for the FT840 as well as the FT890, I wrote a program
for my FT890 and thats how I had to do it by sending the Step Op Freq
(opcode 148) every 50ms or so..its no big deal tho if you are using Visual
Basic as there is a timer function which you can set to do it at any
interval....
KJ5KP Jerry

Jim Swenson wrote:

> I have been trying without success to find a CAT command for the FT-840
> series to initiate the radio's scan function.  Is there a way to get
> this radio to scan via a CAT command without having to send a "Set
> Freqeuncy" or "Step Frequency" command every 100 mSecs?
>
> Tnx
> Jim W7NJ
>
> --
> FAQ on WWW:               http://www.qsl.net/k7on/yaesu.html